Google Analytics

Sunday 29 January 2012

Best Beauty Products Of 2011

Since I'm never consistent in doing a monthly favourite post I thought it would be a good idea to do a "favourites of 2011 post" so I can share with you all the products that really stood out for me last year and ultimately the ones that I think are worth spending money on.

I've broken them all down by category, so if you're only intrested in one area you can skip past the rest.

Skincare

Cleanser 
Garnier Pure Deep Clean Foam Wash
Have gone trough countless bottles over the years and always come back to it despite trying new stuff.
It's a great basic foaming cleanser for oily/combination skin and it works well at deep cleansing without over drying.

Toner
Burt's Bees Acne Solutions Clarifying Toner
Good for keeping skin clear and helping to heal any little blemishes, it's not to expensive either and it really works.

Moisturiser
Origins Vitazing Energy Boosting Moisturiser
Amazing product! Similar to a tinted moisturiser but not quite, this comes out grey but once you blend it into the skin it adapts to your skintone and gives you a gorgeous even glow.

Exfoliator
Alpha H Liquid Gold
Not your typical exfoliator as it's completely free of any abrasive particles, this is a clear liquid containing glycolic acid that you apply to skin like you would a toner.
I find using this 3 times a week keeps my skin clear and glowing and works far better than any scrub I've ever used, it's expensive but it lasts a long time as you only need a little.
Mask
Lush Cupcake Mask
Brilliant deep cleansing mask that smells good enough to eat, this is like smoothing After Eight Mints all over your face.
I love that it as a slight exfoliating effect and makes your skin super smooth.

Eye Treatment
Garnier Tinted Eye Roll-On
This works amazingly well to de-puff and brighten the eye area and because it's tinted it mildly conceals too.



Make-Up


Primer
Korres Organic Face Primer
Absolutely fantastic primer, it makes my foundation glide on effortlessly and it doesn't have the slimy feel of regular silicone based primers.


Foundation 
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua


One of the best foundations I've ever tried. It feels and looks natural on the skin, medium coverage, luminous matte finish.
It looks like your skin but better, instant perfector in a bottle.

Concealer 
MAC Select Moisturecover

I like this mainly for under my eyes as it's nice and moisturising and doesn't look cakey, I have it in the shade NW20 as the slight pink undertone counteracts dark circles.


Powder
 Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre
I'm not a massive fan of powders as they alway leave my skin looking flat but this one is a pleasure to use. It provides a nice lightly matte finish but it still look natural and radiant and not powdery in the slightest.

Bronzer
NARS Laguna Bronzer
The most natural looking bronzer I've ever used, it's probably not ideal for darker skin tones but if you're fair to medium this will be perfect for you.


Highlighter
Estee Lauder Pure Color Illuminating Powder Gelee

Such a shame that this was limited edition because it's an amazing product.
It doesn't just work as an highlighter but also as a gorgeous golden eye shadow and it's unique texture and versatility makes it an excellent product.


Blush
Illamasqua Shimmer Blush in Ambition
One of the pretties blushers I own, it's a soft natural peachy pink shade with a little golden shimmer and it looks great regardless of what other makeup your wearing.

Eyeshadow
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Just about every nude, natural eye shadow you will ever need packaged in a travel friendly palette, I cannot imagine anyone who would like this as every shade is super versatile and would suit every skin tone.


Liner
L'Oreal Super Liner Carbon Gloss




Mascara
YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking
If you're a fan of YSL False Lash Mascara you will love this! It's a supercharged version of the original, intense pigmentation and super volumizing.


Lipstick
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine

Lovely sheer, glossy lip color, it glides on effortlessly and doesn't dry out my lips.
My favourite shades are Boy, a natural rose and Evasion, a gorgeous natural peach.

Lip Gloss
Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector
One of the best glosses money can buy. They are smooth, non-sticky and moisturising working almost as a gloss and balm all rolled into one.
They also smell amazing!


Lip Balm
Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment

Not the best to wear before bedtime but if you're looking for a moisturising balm with an hint of colour to wear during the day then look no further.
I love how creamy these feel on the lips but they aren't heavy either so they feel comfortable on the lips.

Haircare


Shampoo
Phyto Phytorhum


Fab effective shampoo, cleanses well and leaves my hair feeling stronger and healthier.

Conditioner 
This is technically an express treatment mask but I use it as I would a normal everyday conditioner.
It works really well on my dry, coarse hair and leaves it feeling soft and detangled.


Treatment
This as literally saved my hair after I went from dark brown to blonde, it as proteins to reconstruct the hair but it's also very moisturising unlike a lot of other protein treatment which can leave hair dry and brittle.


Styling Products
I'm a big fan of hair oils in general but this one is the one that suits my hair type the most and provides the most softness and moisture. I also really like the fact that it comes in handy travel sized bottles.


Nails


Nail Treatment
This is the reason I've been able to grow my nails. It's not great as a base coat because it dries shiny therefore making polish application that bit trickier but it's worth the extra effort because it makes my nails super strong.


Top Coat
Essie Good To Go
Much better than my usual Seche Vite as this does not shrink and still provides the same glossy finish

Perfume


Diesel Loverdose
A gorgeous warm liquorice and vanilla scent that sweet without being heavy.

Bath & Body Works Sensual Amber
A strong sweet amber based scent and one that reminds me very much of Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb.
Really wish Bath and Body Works would come to the UK because they do a lot of really nice scents.


So there you go, you have my 2011 favourites, what are yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment