Google Analytics

Sunday 13 September 2009

Illamasqua Dystopia Bloggers Event

I know I'm a week late on this one and I'm very sorry, I've just been really stressed out at work and haven't had time to blog.
I'm sure you've all read about it on every other beauty blog so I'm not gonna ramble on for too long and I also forgot to bring my camera to the event so I have no pictures to show you.

The event took place at Ithaca Bar in Manchester, I got there a little to early and quite damp as it had started to rain outside and it took me a while to find the place (I walked past it 3 times). The decor of the place fitted in well with the Dystopia collection, very dark and edgy and most bloggers were already seated and playing with the new products.
They spoiled us with delicious canapes of sushi, satay skewers and tempura vegetables and the funkiest looking cocktails that were also delicious but very strong.
We watched a video presentation about the new collection followed by a short speech from Alex Box, I think, I couldn't really see properly as I'm short and there were a lot of taller people in front of me.
We then got introduced to a woman called Sylvia Lancaster, the mother of Sophie Lancaster who together with her boyfriend got beaten up for being a goth and later died because of her injuries.
She explained to us all what happened the night of the attack and how she set up The Sophie Lancaster Foundation and what it does.
I just can't believe how strong Sylvia is, it's hard enough to loose someone the normal "natural causes" way but the have someone taken away from you by selfish thugs and then have to live with it must be awful.
Illamasqua actually supports Sophie's charity by selling a Medium Pencil in Sophie and the S.O.P.H.I.E. Wrist Bands which stands for Stamp Out Prejudice, Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere.
After that Alex Box got to work on Mizz Worthy and created a fantastic smoky look on her, I was fascinated by the way she did her brows, they were amazing.
We were then given our goody bags which included one item from Dystopia (I got Machine eyeshadow) a poster and postcard a S.O.P.H.I.E. wrist band and the £20 to go towards travel expenses.

Photobucket

I made my way back to the train station with a bunch of other bloggers including Olivia from Olivia Cosmetics who happens to live in the same town as me.
Thank you Illamasqua for putting on this event.

2 comments:

  1. Machine i love that shade!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tali, I love the tone of it as it's black but not too intense however I've had problems with the Illamasqua shadows, I find this one aplies very unevenly.
    Still love the rest of the Illamasqua line but I'll be giving the eye shadows a miss.

    ReplyDelete